Looking to rent property across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch can be a daunting task! But from the experts, we have compiled a list of things to check and have ready!
We appreciate that just booking a viewing can be some small victory, but being prepared to answer the essential questions will help stand you above other viewers!
- Most agents will have an income multiplier of 32 times to 36 times the monthly rent (For example, if the property is advertised for £795.00 PCM, this means at 32 times your income before tax is £25,440. Knowing your gross salary straight away really does help. We offer a free and simple affordability calculator which will provide you with a maximum budget. Try it out Rent affordability calculator
- Polite and courteous, renting a home has always been people’s business and acting accordingly helps support your application.
- Ask the question. have you got any other properties coming available? Getting your foot through the door before it goes on the market is a win-win for both agents, tenants, and landlords.
- We understand this may be difficult for morning people; one of the best times to send a viewing request or enquiry is 1st thing in the morning.
- When sending an enquiry through one of the portals, make sure to leave a message outlining income and number of adults.
- Set up a Rightmove & Zoopla account with 24-hour alert set up; this will automatically send you every new property to the market!
We hope this information will help you in your property search!
If you are currently looking for a property, speak to one of the team. We aim to help both Landlords and tenants connect.
Grantco aims to be the best lettings agent in Bournemouth and Christchurch; if you are looking to rent a property, we are here to help!